- Prepare, deposit and file Client’s payroll taxes for those federal, state, and local jurisdictions listed by Client upon initial payroll implementation process and any updates provided to Namely by the Client and confirmed by Namely in writing to Client.
- Prepare a quarterly tax statement for each Federal Employer Identification Number (“FEIN”) and, where required, each state or local tax ID provided by Client. This statement will include a summary of tax liabilities reported throughout the quarter, account reconciliation, and printed returns filed at quarter end.
- Answer tax agency correspondence for tax deposits and returns filed by Namely on Client’s behalf.
- File amended returns as required for returns processed by Namely. Charges may apply in the event the amended return is a result of incorrect information supplied to Namely.
- Prepare and file W2 agency filings.
- The funds held by Namely on Client’s behalf will be segregated from other funds of Namely, but may be commingled with funds of other payroll customers. Namely will be entitled to receive all net investment income generated and interest earned on any funds held and invested pursuant hereto.
- Independently of the result of any investments of the funds performed by Namely, Namely has the obligation to pay Client’s tax liabilities and wage attachments provided the Client has previously deposited the corresponding funds with Namely.
- In the event that Namely is unable to settle funds on behalf of Client, Namely shall return such funds on behalf of Client. Client shall be solely responsible for the escheat of such funds; Namely shall have no responsibility to escheat such funds.
- Wage Attachments. Client is solely responsible for the setup of the wage attachments in the Platform in accordance with the Namely online documentation. Namely then will prepare and deposit Client’s wage attachment liabilities for those federal, state, and local payment processing units and any individual third party to which an employee of Client owes a debt and has agreed or is compelled by appropriate governmental authority to resolve via attachment of employee’s wages. Namely will make available a report of wage attachment activity to Client summarizing funds collection and disbursement transactions completed. Namely is not obligated to commence providing the Payroll Subscription until Namely has received all information necessary to disburse wage attachment liabilities.
Check Printing. Namely will provide direct deposit advice slips, and if the option is selected (pursuant to the relevant fees), print checks for Client based on the information from each completed payroll as set forth in the Data Remittance section below. Namely shall be responsible for providing such printed checks and direct deposit advice slips to the commercial overnight carrier provided by Client.
Reporting for Cash Collection. Upon approval of the payroll by Client, all payroll reports are available immediately. Three (3) business days prior to the applicable check date, Namely shall make available payment service data to Client which is applicable to any given payroll closed within the parameters defined herein, to allow Client to generate reports based on such data at the open of normal business hours.
Exclusions. Namely is not responsible for providing additional administrative services, including, but not limited to, agency research, account reconciliation, wage attachment data input and adjustments. Namely is not responsible for any pre-existing errors or similar matters arising prior to commencement of these services by Namely or for any errors that may occur in the event the Client fails to provide Namely with all necessary, complete, and accurate information.
Errors. To the extent that a payroll or tax filing error is solely caused by Namely, the cost to correct such error, including, but not limited to, payment of any fines, shall be payable by Namely.